Books, books, books!

Hi all,

This Saturday I went to a books fair held twice a year close to us. It's in a big hall filled with tables and tables and tables :-) full of books, ready to cater each and every need ... and for really interesting prices if you look around a little bit!

As you can imagine I alway go for two kinds of books: everything handcrafting ... and cook books. I wasn't disappointed ... here's my "autumn harvest" - see below :-)

Now the first book "Rainbow of Stitches" has a particular story to it ... Two weeks ago I saw a really cute Christmas ornament on Dani's site.
 
Beatrice's ornament held by Anne who received it (guess everyone wanted the pattern)

I asked Dani if she knew from which designer, blog, ... it was but she could only tell it was from a Dutch magazine or book. Googled it and dug through a couple of my (many) magazines but without any result. 
 
So fast forward to Saturday ... bought a couple of books that seemed really nice and when going through them at home you can imagine my surprise when I stumbled across the pattern for this ornament ... life's little ways ;-)!

 


Second book about gnomes (see earlier post)... 
translates as "The Gnome who doesn't want to go on Holiday"
  
Look at that quilt with birdhouses (can you imagine I bought this book just to have the pattern :-)
Nevertheless there were other nice things in it as well.

Makes me think of Joan Elliott's style

Second book from Donna Kooler I now have (first one is about stockings)

Couldn't resist this one (guess I'm typically female and bag-a-holic)

A really interesting book to have (goes more in depth how you can embellish quilts
with special stitches, buttons, beads, painting, etc. ...)


I'll share more pictures and information about these books later this week but wanted to share my excitement in finding them and not paying much for them!

As for stitching related things ... I've completely finished my Santa ornaments by the Prairie Schooler and they now happily hang on my chimney (will post piccies of that this week). I haven't been very fast with them since I started mid September and needed untill now to finish them off!

Guess I was afraid of the ornament making process that was completely new to me. It certainly won't be the last ornament I'll make because it wasn't as bad as it seemed. Everything went quite smooth ... I only needed to find the courage! ;-)

Have a nice week!

Comments

Giovanna said…
Nice catch of books - it's wonderful that you found the ornament pattern you liked so much!
Unknown said…
Bofkont, je hebt weer heel wat mooie boeken op de kop weten te tikken.
Lijkt me leuk zo'n boekenbeurs.

Geniet van je aankopen.

Groetjes Yvon.
Isabelle said…
Hello Ann, ces livres sont des petites merveilles et quelle chance tu as eue de trouver juste ce modèle que tu cherchais.
Belle journée,
Bonjour, merci de votre visite dans mon petit univers !! I love your stitching, ....
bisous de FRANCE

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite designers - Renato Parolin and Rovaris

Long time no see

First ornament of 2013!