Quilting in my garden

Aaahhh ... some free time at last. Four glorious days of "everything is possible" and no pression at all (Bank holiday on Thursday 29th and bridge to the weekend on Friday 30th :-).

I have been looking for an inch ruler for some time now. Unfortunatelly all the quilt shops were closed for the long weekend! Sooo ... off I went to the "Stoffenspektakel - Spectacle of fabrics" in Malines and to my big surprise there were two well stocked quilt shops as well (went five years ago for the first - and last - time because there was nothing to my liking).

Drafting the sashings with my new inch ruler

Having the right equipment meant that I could at last begin with sewing together all the Dear Jane blocks that I already made. I found a good blog post on how to sew the sashings at Aunt Reen's place. Using her instructions I was able to avoid those - possible - teeny tiny square blocks between each "cross" ;-).

The sashing fabric is a little bit different - but from the same series - as the background of the blocks.
I still have to put 7 blocks on it.

Can you imagine a better place than "patching" in your garden? I can't ...


And to finish it off ... a couple of the pictures I've taken last week. I think it's obvious that we like purple a lot! ;-)

 


Have a nice week!

Comments

Giovanna said…
Very nice quilting, and lovely flowers!
Unknown said…
je quilt en tuin zien er prachtig uit.
heerlijk om zoveel moois te kunnen bekijken.

groetjes yvon.
Manuela said…
Your blocks looks great.
Wonderful flower-photos.

Greetings, Manuela

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite designers - Renato Parolin and Rovaris

First ornament of 2013!

Long time no see