IHSW May 2012

Hello everyone,

This weekend we had the IHSW. I admit that I "cheated" a little bit, since we had a long weekend ... a bank holiday on Thursday, followed by a day off on Friday :-). May and November are fabulous months for us having two sometimes three longer weekends like that!

I can only say that it was great! The weather previsions first talked about wind and rain but we had some marvellous weather on Saturday and Sunday, which allowed me to stitch in my garden! Yay ... at long last spring is coming!

So what did I do? I continued on Serengeti mandala and almost finished the first panel (I only need to backstitch the giraffe and tree and longstitch the grasses). The construction of four hutts began under the supervision of yours truly, but I'm not completely convinced by / happy with the roofs. I think I'll be switching the perlé with a normal thread in order to work out the diamond stitch to my likes.


Do you see that white line going away from the giraffe ... That was me going crazy with the white interior backstitching! It was hard to figure out where I was and where I needed going to, so I decided to give it a break and head over to the hutts! Once they are finished (four out of eight) I'm going to start on the frame stitching on the four sides ... that is if there's still some time left before the first of June!

I didn't bake but I made a great dish with pasta and "saumon au papillotte" (basically meaning that you "vapour cook" it in an aluminium bag).

Have a nice week!


Comments

Melissa said…
Wow! The giraffe looks amazing :) great work.
Carol said…
Lucky you having four straight days to stitch, Ann! You made some wonderful progress--I love the giraffe. I'm sure you'll find a way of stitching the huts that pleases you :)

Have a great week!
Ellen said…
Hallo Ann wat leuk dat je mijn blog hebt bezocht. Ook ik quilt nog niet lang hoor pas anderhalf jaar maar helemaal verslaafd al !!
De giraffe is prachtig zeg !!

Groetjes, Ellen
Dani - tkdchick said…
Lovely stitching, I've had a great long weekend too, but not as long as yours!
Vickie said…
A fellow hermitter here..... :) Your Serengeti is looking wonderful. I am signed up, but don't have any materials yet. Your progress make me want to jump right in!
mdgtjulie said…
Oh, I'm soooooo jealous of you. Serengeti will be my next Chat. I love it. I'm currently working on part eight of Desert Landscapes (I guess I have a thing for deserts, lol), and I'm hoping to finish it by the time the class is over for Serengeti. Yours looks just gorgeous, and I'll now be following your blog to watch your progress.
Anonymous said…
Hello
Serengeti is looking great.
I can't wait til the warm weather reaches us and I can sit in the garden and sew.

Your cooking sounds lovely.
Bea said…
Serengeti looks wonderful. I love the colours.

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite designers - Renato Parolin and Rovaris

Long time no see

First ornament of 2013!