My first quilt

Hi all,

Thanks for all your kind reactions on my previous mail about my uncle. They're highly appreciated!

Now a little bit more about what I've been up to the last couple of days ...

I'm going to try to quilt a little bit more (one of my good resolutions for this year), but I fear that I won't make it for 2012 given the large pieces I'm currently embroidering (being Serengeti Mandala and "Weihnachten steht vor der Tür").

Yesterday I collected a quilt at my mother's home that dates from the time that I was still living at home and when mom and I took quilting courses together. Those were the days! No worries, only make sure you had good school results :-)

This quilt is - ahem - almost 20 years old I guess (I think I've followed these courses when I was something like 18 -20 years). It's still unfinished :-( because I must admit that I'm afraid of the quilting itself! How to do this, with which colour of thread and so on ... (maybe I should give a try at machine quilting although I have zero experience with this).

I also had the plan to undo it and to use the fabric for another - to be made - quilt. Mom told me yesterday not to do this as it is my first work. However ... if I'm keeping it, I'm planning to change the direction of some blocks.

So here it is ... what do you think?



Have a nice weekend!

Comments

Giovanna said…
Very pretty quilt - changing direction to some blocks is maybe a good idea, if it isn't too much work. I'm sure you'll find a solution you like, good luck :-)
Joysze said…
That's beautiful, Ann! Hmmm I agree with your mom... i think you should leave it as is. :D

Make a new quilt. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite designers - Renato Parolin and Rovaris

Long time no see

First ornament of 2013!