A fabulous doll house

On the website of Elisa I've read an article about the biggest and most beautifull doll house ever made: that of Queen Mary.

"The Queen's Dolls' House is the largest, most beautiful and most famous dolls' house in the world. Created for Queen Mary in the early 1920s by the renowned architect Sir Edwin Lutyens, it is a perfect replica of an aristocratic Edwardian residence, complete in every way - from the wine cellar, with its store of tiny bottles, each containing a thimbleful of vintage wine, to the library, with its exquisite volumes of original works by authors such as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Thomas Hardy and Edith Wharton. This astonishing little house also has a garden designed by Gertrude Jekyll, a garage full of miniature limousines, and electricity, running water and working lifts. Each room, from the servants' bedrooms to the grand saloon, is fully furnished in every way, and waiting to be explored."


      





I really like everything miniature and would have a room filled with houses, vitrines etc. if a) I would have the time to make them, b) the place to put everything and c) the money (which I only want to spend on needlecraft supplies - selfish me :-).

On searching about it on the internet I also found the Cabinet of Wonders and the newer site of Heather Mc Dougal. The least I can say is that it's interesting (and I've only seen one page of it) .

Have fun exploring!

Comments

Bea said…
I've seen Queen Mary's house and it's incredible. I spent a long time walking around it and staring at the rooms trying to see everything. I especially liked the tiny ivory mice in the kitchen mouse traps!

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite designers - Renato Parolin and Rovaris

Long time no see

First ornament of 2013!