Workshop "Ramen lappen" with Ingrid and Dorry

Hi all,

Saturday 12th I passed the border to Holland in order to follow a workhop "Ramen lappen" with Ingrid from the blog Supergoof and Dorry from Quilt it and Dotty in Tilburg. I didn't know what to expect from the town but it was bigger than I imagined (it is the 6th biggest town in Holland).

Both windows (left and right of the entry door)
 
The shop seen from two different angles
 
As for the workshop ... It meant that we were going to try and learn the Cathedral Windows technique. Apparantly it can be explained in a couple of ways but we all agreed that Ingrid's (and Dorry's) way was the nicest and maybe also the easiest. I don't know the others methods but I will be sticking with this method as it worked out fine for me and the other nine participating ladies.

The kit was available in red-beige or beige-blue (I took the beige-blue)

Our groups were divided in two "parties" ;-)... I was in the kitchen with 4 other ladies and
5 ladies were in the front (class)room. Here you see Ingrid beginning the course

Here's my progress and a view on the lunch we had

Everything was well organised. We took our course, had a lovely lunch prepared by Dorry followed by a show-and-tell by Ingrid.

Her very first quilt ... baskets (not the easiest to begin with)

 
The famous "Klosjes quilt" who caused a real "klosjes"wave around the world and the "Thimble quilt"
with 6.552 pieces of predominantly red and a little bit of greens, blues, oranges and pinks

A very big quilt - 2,5 to 3 metres broad - based on a design in the Blackbird Designs
"When the Cold Wind Blows" book

One of the ladies brought a quilt she's making for her daughter. Afterwards it will go on her daughter's bed in her student room. It's her very first quilt for which she collected all the jeans trousers from her daughter.

One of the other participants brought a beautifull Love Entwined quilt. We were all in awe with this beauty!
Go to Esther Aliu's blog for more information.
 
Here's my Cathedral Window tryout after a couple of hours of hard work :-)!

 
And as you could've thought ... I didn't go out of the shop empty handed!

The Simply Vintage Summer edition ... I really like the small redwork quilt! 

This one has been on my wish list for a very long time!
 
I just want to say to all the ladies: thank you for this lovely day and to Dorry and Ingrid thank you for learning us a new technique in such a pleasant atmosphere and surroundings. I'll certainly be returning for other workshops! :-)
 
So this week I'll be working some more on my Dear Jane quilt, make some more Cathedral Window blocks and try to stitch a little bit more on mom's Asian Beauty! ;-)
 
Have a nice week!

Comments

Supergoof said…
wat een geweldig leuk en gezellig verslag! Fijn dat je ervan hebt genoten, en dat je door bent gegaan met ramen lappen, helemaal TOP!
Psssst,.... de kleine mandjes waren niet m'n eerste,....
;o)
Ineke Original said…
Heerlijk! Ik heb ook zo genoten.
lieve groet,
Ineke

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite designers - Renato Parolin and Rovaris

Long time no see

First ornament of 2013!