Quilts in movies

A couple of days ago I saw a movie called "An Amish Murder" with Neve Campbell in a leading role.
 
Sixteen years ago, a series of brutal murders shattered the peaceful farming community of Painters Mill, Ohio. A young Amish girl, Katie Burkholder, survived the terror of the Slaughterhouse Murders. In the aftermath of the killings, the town was left with a sense of fragility, a loss of innocence, and for Katie, the realization that she no longer belonged with the Amish. Now, a wealth of experience later, Kate Burkholder is back. Her Amish roots and big city law enforcement background make her the perfect candidate for Chief of Police. She's certain she's come to terms with her past--until the first body is discovered in a snowy field. Kate vows to stop the killer before he strikes again. But to name him, she would betray both her family and her Amish past and expose a dark secret that could destroy her (taken from IMDb)
 
The story is good and Neve really "grew up" since her role in the Scream franchise but there's something else that caught my attention ... At a certain moment the quy says "hey that's beautifull" pointing at a quilt that's in her living room and she replies "I quilt when I miss my family" (and you understand she misses them a lot).
 
Here's a movie still in her bedroom ... look at that gorgeous quilt that's on the bed! I would gladly wake up each morning under such a beauty!


I've looked for the name of the pattern but didn't find it immediately .... I guess it's Amish or Welsh. I have a book with 5500 patterns and will try to find it afterwards.

Makes me want to discover other quilts in other movies as well. Could be fun looking this up! ;-)
Now I wanna see the film with Winona Ryder "How to make an American quilt". I never saw it and I don't know if it's even a good one or not?

 I leave you with a funny pic I found googling the pattern ... this quy really went into quilting! ;-)


On the same page I've found a link to a UK-based company - the "All in one company" that sells onesies ... They're funny but I wouldn't like to be seen in this (okay maybe when it's a really cold winter and I don't have to go out)! ;-)


You really have to check this out! There are Easter, Halloween, ... every styles and every occasions. You can even "build" your own! :-)


Have a nice weekend!

Comments

Heidi Kuijer said…
That quilt pattern is called a feathered star. There are many variations of them so you would have to search to find this exact one. It is beautiful.

I am making quilts from movies and famous people at the moment. I started with the quilt on Beatrix Potter's bed. There is no pattern so I have to make it up as I go. And I am making it small to hang instead of a bed quilt.

How to make an American quilt is a fabulous movie that you can watch over and over and never tire of. Hope you will like it. I have never heard of this Amish movie and have to look it up. I am originally from Ohio so would like that maybe.

Greetings from Holland,
Heidi

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite designers - Renato Parolin and Rovaris

First ornament of 2013!

Long time no see